As I am sitting here thinking about what to write tonight, I wanted to keep it uplifting. Here are some good thoughts to think about this weekend, especially, if visiting your parents. Perhaps you could also discuss this with the grandchildren on the way there.
- Myth-Most older people are all alike.
Fact-The elderly group are like night and day, incomparable, diversified group.
2. Myth-Most older people are depressed.
Fact-Older adults active in community living, activities, involved with children and grandchildren’s lives, are less likely to be depressed than younger adults.
3. Myth-The elderly are sick all the time and are always needy.
Fact-Most seniors want to keep their independence and be self-reliant for as long as possible.
4. Myth-Seniors are harder to get along with as they get older.
Fact-Normally their personalities remain about the same.
5. Myth- They ramble a lot when speaking or telling stories.
Fact- Their stories are longer as they have many years of knowledge and facts.
I hope you enjoyed today’s Elderly Advice. Please go to my website and sign up for my FREE newsletter and share this article with your friends.